Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 29 April 2012

Info Post
I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as I did!

I got to take a (child-less) road trip to Southern Illinois to spend the weekend with my mom and little sister! My mom called me a few weeks back, asking if I would be able to come down and surprise my sister, Kristi, with a girl's weekend. My sister has spent the past year juggling school to become a medical assistant, working as a manger at McAlister's Deli, and starting an internship at a doctor's office. Phew! That makes me tired just typing it! Needless to say, she has not had a full weekend off for quite a long time, so my mom thought it would be wonderful for us three girls to have a spa day on her first weekend off.

During my four hour drive down South, my phone decided to shut off and not turn back on for anything! At first I panicked, wondering what I would do so far away from home without a working phone (what if I got in an accident?), but then I heard one of my all-time favorite bands on the radio, Dave Matthews Band. I pulled out every Dave Matthews CD I had and forgot about my phone the whole rest of the trip.

I got started listening to Dave Matthews from my best friend in high school. We turned into quite the groupies, traveling to as many local concerts we could. Boy, I could tell you some stories sometime over a glass of wine!

But I finally arrived at my mom's house and snuck up to the front door. My mom answered and motioned for me to go into my sister's room to surprise her. I stepped into her doorway and saw her standing by her computer. Before I could shout, "Surprise!" I heard a song playing from her computer that stopped me dead in my tracks... Sister by Dave Matthews Band. This song is so special to my sister and I... it has gotten us through many tough times. When I heard it playing, I thought my mother might have already spilled the beans on the surprise (she's good at that). All I could mutter was, "Whatcha doing, Sister?"

Startled, she turned around and gave me the biggest hug I've had from her in a long time. She cried. I cried. My mom cried. (I guess that's not so uncommon with us though). I asked her why that song was playing and she said, "My computer just shuffled through my playlists to that song!" That made us cry even harder.

There are just some moments that you'll never be able to explain and never be able to forget!

So I thought I'd do a fun little post and share with you...
My Top 10 Dave Matthews Band Songs You Must Download

1. #41
"...why won't you ever be glad, it melts into wonder, I came in praying for you, why won't you run in the rain and play, let the tears splash all over you..."

2. You and Me
 - This was one of mine & Jeremy's wedding songs!

3. Sister 
"...sister, I hear you laugh, my heart fills full up, keep me please, sister, when you cry, I feel your tears, running down my face, sister, sister, you keep me..."

4. Some Devil

5. Grey Street 

6. Crash Into Me
"...sweet like candy to my soul, sweet you rock and sweet you roll, lost for you I'm so lost for you..."

7. Crush

8. Pig 
"...is this not enough, this blessed sip of life, is it not enough, staring down at the ground, oh then complain and pray more from above, greedy little pig..."

9. Angel

10. Baby Blue
 - This one is for all the mommies. Be sure to have a box of tissues for this one!

So if you've never listened to Dave Matthews Band or are looking for some new music, I recommend you try these! 

Let me know if you would like to see more music posts like this!

P.S. My mom and sis also introduced me to a guy you might have heard of... Philip Phillips? If you love Dave Matthews (or really cute guys who can sing and play guitar), I also recommend checking him out on American Idol. I think I fell in love... sorry hunny!





0 comments:

Post a Comment