Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 23 April 2012

Info Post
Recently, I asked my readers on Facebook to submit beauty tips and secrets that they would like to share on the blog.. I got a great response! You lovely ladies sent in some amazing tips... everything from home recipes to wonderful words of encouragement that we should remember BEFORE we put our makeup on each day. Below are the tips that were sent in- some are from fellow bloggers, I have included their links as well so you can check out their blogs and collect even more great beauty info! 


Amanda from Berry Polished writes:
"Here is my best beauty tip:  Everyone needs to start polishing the "free edge" of their nail!  It's the part of your nail that you run your file across.  When I started doing this it rocked my nail-polishing world because it drastically increased how long my manicure lasted :)
My blog is Berry Polished at www.berrypolished.com or my facebook page is BerryPolished.com atwww.facebook.com/BerryPolished. "

Mandie from Mandie's Manicures writes:
"Here's a beauty tip from me for you to include if you'd like: Patience is a virtue. If a polish is incredibly sheer, work with it slowly. Don't use thick coats to get it to be quickly opaque because it will not dry properly, which may cause dents. It is better to build up the polish with four or five thin coats rather than two thick globs of polish."

Lisa from Cosmetic Sanctuary writes"
"Make sure to paint the very tippy top of your nail (or as most say 'wrap your nail') for a longer lasting manicure!  Wrap the very tip with base coat, polish color as well as top coat!"

 Heather writes:
"Ok, So I wear eye make up..  eye shadow (usually 2 to 3 shades of the same color), mascara(water proof), eye liner, and sometimes I glitter it up! I used to spend my money on all kinds of eye make up remover.. UGH!!!!!!   What a waste... Every kind of make up remover I have used, it was getting costly. See, they would always leave that part of my face oily, and gritty, and make me break out right near my eyes, and half the time it wouldnt take ALL of the make up off..which was freakin annoying. One day I was out of stupid remover and I had my Jergens Unscented lotion that I got from Wal-Mart for like 2.97, I put some on my lids and took some toilet paper (yes, the best to use to take maku-up off) and rubbed it off my eye (of course close them..LOL) and in 2 to 3 wipes, ALL MAKE UP WAS GONE.  PLUS it didnt dry out that area, it was oily, and gritty, and I didnt break out. infact it makes my eye area look great and moiturized up! (i dunno if that makes sense..lol)

Im 29 yrs old and have been using this technique for at least 10 years.. no issues.  Heather L, Rochester, NY "

Samantha F. writes:

"I have combination skin that tends to break out easily. I was using Clean & Clear sensitive foaming face wash followed by an apricot scrub for years, but I switched to Olay foaming face wash last year (blue bottle), it does not have the acne ingredients that Clean & Clear cleanser did and I follow with an apricot scrub every other day. My skin definitely does not break out nearly as much as it used to, and doesn't get oily as easily. So my cleanser advice is to go with the least ingredients you need in a product, because using one with too many things your skin doesn't actually need can make it in worse condition."

Lyndsey of Nails by Ms. Lizard writes:
"I keep my face clean and clear by using an electric toothbrush with my fav. cleanser usually something with tea tree. I then take a warm green tea bag and rub it on my face and eyelids. I close my pores with an ice cube. I like to use a black head tool on my nose. I hate the pores on my nose!"
http://nailsbymslizard.blogspot.com/




Becky from Naked without Polish writes:
"It's actually for storing lipsticks. 
I took notebook paper and cut strips by using the blue lines as markers. Then I cut the strips into little squares. I mark a square with a little bit of lipstick. Then I take Scotch tape and I tape it to the lip stick tube. Now, I can store the lipstick in a drawer or container or whatnot and I can see what color it is and not have to open and close several tubes to get the one I want! It's been super helpful! 


Becky even sent in a photo to illustrate!


Heidi writes:
"I use 2 body scrubs like it was a religion!

One is Sea Salt/Citrus Body Scrub
1/2 cup sea salt 
1/4 cup sweet almond oil or olive oil or coconut oil (I prefer coconut oil)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 
1/2 teaspoon orange zest 

I mix everything in a small mason jar and just swirl it with my fingers when ready to use. (After bath, shower) Rub all over skin, rinse, blot dry with a towel. It is enough for about 2 showers.

Second is Brown Sugar/Oatmeal Face Scrub


  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • 1 tbs jojoba or coconut oil
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 3 tbs oatmeal
  • Juice of half a lemon or lime


Mix together, massage over cleaned face, rinse. 

I can not be without those 2 scrubs!!! I have been using them since I am a teenager and have not used anything but some loose powder on my face as far as 'foundation' goes. 

Another thing I do is rub coconut oil into my skin before I go to bed. (Once a week or so) I get the refined stuff because it has no smell to it! My skin is very sensitive and chlorine in the water makes my skin dry out and crack. The coconut oil has been a life saver for me! 
ALMOST FORGOT!!! 
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbs Sea Salt 
1 tsp coconut oil
1 slice of lemon 
make a  nice nail soak. I keep my cuticles soft with a dab of coconut oil.... 
I AM IN LOVE WITH COCONUT OIL <3

hope this helps.... 
Heidi P. "

and finally, this wonderful tip from Carrie:

"Mine is less of a tip and more of a word of encouragement. I wish people would be more open to embracing their bodies- expecially faces. Love your freckles/moles, etc. Cindy Crawford and Marilyn Monroe are two famous ladies who have embraced their differences (that signature fcace mole) and freckles can be beautiful too.

Also- experement with making your own makeup! There's lot of websites that show you how to custom blend eyeshadow, lipgloss and more.You can dupe way more than just polish! A personal favorite? Making my own bath soaks. Dr. Teal's Lavender epsom salts, calgon bath beads, oatmeal and powdered milk are the ingredients in my concoction. I bag it up for gifts too!

I guess that's it for me- I love your blog/facebook by the way. You're so genuine; keep it up. :)

Carrie "crunchypeanutbutter"" 

Are these tips amazing or what?! I was so thrilled with what was sent in... a great, diverse collection of beauty tips from real girls just like you and me. Are there any tips that really caught your eye, or that you are looking forward to trying? Also, if you didn't have a chance to send in your best beauty secret, feel free to leave it in the comments below!
Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica



0 comments:

Post a Comment