Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 27 June 2012

Info Post
As promised, I FINALLY have some new house pictures for you! 
I've found lately that I'm driving myself crazy thinking about every single project I want to get done around the house, and I decided instead of floating from room to room only half-accomplishing things, I need to pick one room to work on at a time! And for whatever reason, my boy's bedroom seems to be the first room in the house to be completely unpacked and ready to be dressed up. So that's exactly where I'll start!

This is the boy's bedroom located on the upper level of our home. 

Boys Room Edit 1

The upstairs of this house was previously unfinished. No walls, no floors, nothing. After Christmas this year, my husband along with two other men built and finished the space, adding two bedrooms to our home!

Boys Room Edit 2

The boys have a twin/double bunk bed, but because of the sloped ceilings and short side walls, we had to separate them.

Boys Room Edit 8

Boys Room Edit 9

The dressers were given to me by my grandmother and may be seriously due for a facelift.

Boys Room Edit 3

Boys Room Edit 4

Reading nook beside bed?

Boys Room Edit 11

Boys Room Edit 7

 The boys have a playroom on the lower level, so the only toys that stay in the bedroom are stuffed animals. But I need to find a better way to store them than the overflowing pile we have now!

Boys Room Edit 10

There are two access doors to storage behind the short knee walls where I am currently keeping totes of outgrown/hand-me-down clothes. The extra storage is a wonderful thing to have, but those doors are just screaming for some decorating.

Now that you've seen the "before" pictures, I'll share with you my
To-Do List
(Hopefully it will help me get everything accomplished!)
  • Find inspiration!
  • Curtains. It stays light here in Indiana until probably 9:30 pm! I need some curtains to convince my children it really is time to go to bed!
  • Recover throw pillows to dress up bedding.
  • Paint dressers?
  • Rug for middle of floor
  • Re-do sports lamp
  • New storage for stuffed animals
  • Reading area next to double bed?
  • Shelf to display boy's trinkets and trophies
  • Find/make artwork for walls
Stay tuned to see how I transform my little men's bedroom! I'm so excited!!



LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment