Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 15 June 2012

Info Post

Is it just me, or did you cry too when school ended? I may have shed one or two tears of joy that my son was promoted to first grade, but I mostly cried because I now have two rowdy boys in my house all day, every day. Now I spend my summer days playing referee between the karate fights, cleaning the toilet twice as much as usual (I swear they pee everywhere BUT the toilet), and trying to determine who really did break Mommy's vase.

So you can understand my excitement when I saw Aimee's tutorial on Sponge Water Balls on her blog, It's Overflowing. Genius! My boys could go through a whole package of water balloons in minutes, but this could last all summer! This should keep my monsters busy for awhile! So we headed out in search of a big pack of kitchen sponges and got to work.

Aimee has a beautiful tutorial, so I won't re-invent the wheel here. I'll just show you the basic steps and all the fun the boys had! We used 12 sponges to make 2 water bombs and cut them into thirds lengthwise.

Sponge Water Bomb Edit 1

Stack 3 layers of 6 strips.

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 2

Tie them up with string or twine and trim off the extra.

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 7

Throw them in a bucket of water and... Ta-Daa!

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 3

Water Bombs!!

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 6

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 5

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 8

Now let me explain how this went with my children. Since my boys are four years apart and Wyatt's still a little guy, they thought throwing the water bombs at each other was fun for about 15 minutes. And then they decided it was more fun to clean their swings sets sparkling clean. They "cleaned" for probably a good hour. They cleaned their slides, swings, cars, frisbees... pretty much anything they could find outside. Disclaimer: this is not how normal children will react to water bombs.

Photobucket

Wyatt could not wait to show Daddy how clean his slide was when he got home from work. I think I'm darn proud of the little cleaning monsters I've created. All in all, it was a successful, fun day in the sun with water bombs.

Sponge Water Bombs Edit 4

I love my little monsters.



Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest

LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment