Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 6 June 2012

Info Post

Did you all have fun with Wedding Week? I did! 

At my bridal shower last year, my Aunt grew little basil plants for favors to honor my love of cooking. Even though I have the blackest thumb in the Midwest, I managed to grow it into a beautiful, big plant! I enjoyed cooking with my fresh herbs all summer long! So I couldn't wait to get some little seeds started this year!

But shortly after they were planted, we began our painting marathon on our new house and then moved last week. And now all that's left of my beautiful cilantro, thyme, chives, parsley, basil, and rosemary is this...

Herb Pot1 edit

Two little basil plants and two little chive sprouts. (insert sad face here) But I suppose on the positive side I do still have something growing, so they needed to get a new home here at our new home!

I had every intention of painting my clay pots and turning them into some of these adorable planters I've seen...






But then I realized I'm in the middle of unpacking an entire house of two big people and two small people with lots and lots of stuff! So I decided to simplify. 

I grabbed some 6" clay pots and traced the herb names in pencil on the rims of the pots.

Herb Pot2 edit

I traced over the pencil in a black paint pen I already had from my little handprints project. I think I'm falling in love with my paint pens. So handy!

Herb Pots 3 edit

Then I planted my little babies! I like to cut a plastic bag to fit the bottom of the pot and poke small holes in it to allow water to drain, but keep the dirt falling out.

Herb Pots 4 edit

Herb Pots 5 edit

Herb Pots 6 edit

And then I watered them with my children's tiny Wonder Pets watering bucket since mine is still packed in a box... somewhere...

Herb Pots 10 edit

Wonder Pets really do save the day! Now they look much better.

Herb Pots 8 edit

Herb Pots 9 edit

Herb </div><br /> <div style=

Such an easy and quick project! Do you like my new green cushions? Soon I'm going to tackle painting the frames of my outdoor furniture and recovering some fun pillows. I'm starting to love being outside at my pretty little house!




LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment