Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 3 June 2012

Info Post
It's Day 2 of the June Abstract Manicure Challenge!
Today's challenge was to create a manicure using tape. I don't do manicures like this too often, as most of my nail art is free-handed. But that is the whole point of this challenge... to use techniques you might not normally use! Here is the manicure I came up with:
Starting off with one coat of  Maybelline Denim Dash, I added a few coats of Pretty and Polished On Equal Ground to create a glittery base upon which to do the tape detail. I let this dry *very* thoroughly.. Letting the base dry well is incredibly important when doing a tape manicure, as you don't want the tape to pull up or smudge wet polish. After it was dry, I laid a thin strip of tape diagonally on each nail, taping off the corner. I then painted the corners with Wet n' Wild black creme. I then pulled off the tape, leaving a clean edge.
I really like how this came out! I think it has a sort of retro vibe!
Make sure to check out the tape manicure from the other ladies participating in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge:
The Lacquerologist
Sincerely Stephanie
Manicurator

What do you think? Have you ever tried a tape manicure?
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased all mentioned products myself :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment