Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 11 June 2012

Info Post

I thought we'd never see the end of our painting marathon, but now that we've completed painting our ENTIRE new house, I'm so happy! Everything looks so fresh and clean and new! (I promise house pictures soon!) 

But needless to say, we have accumulated quite a pile of drippy, half-used paint cans, and I decided I couldn't stare at them any longer. I hate ugly visual clutter!

IMG_0504 edit

Then I found this great idea at Goodbye House, Hello Home. Store your leftover paint in mason jars! 
IMG_0512 edit

IMG_0511 edit

Doesn't it look SO much better? They're sealed up tight so I know they'll keep for a long time. And it will be much easier to grab one of these when I need to do a quick touch up versus dragging out bulky paint cans and prying them open. And don't they just look pretty all lined up? When things are organized in a pretty way I'm so much more motivated to keep them organized and use them more too! Now they just need some labels!


How To Store Paint Edit 20

I grabbed some round Avery labels from Staples and found a template for Microsoft Word on the Avery website. Here is the template for these particular labels (#22807). I typed up the labels with the paint brand, color name, sheen, etc.

How To Store Paint Edit 22

Printed them out and labeled all my pretty jars!

How To Store Paint Edit 23

Perfect! These will easily store on a shelf in the basement or in an extra cabinet. This is one of those tiny projects that makes life so much easier and totally makes me smile! How do you store your paint?



Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest

LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment