Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 25 June 2012

Info Post
This month, I signed up for the Bloom Beauty Ambassador program. Bloom.com sends out curated boxes of beauty goodies to a group of women ranging from beauty bloggers to professionals to enthusiasts. In exchange, we provide honest reviews on those products. That is what Bloom.com is- a social beauty store. A place where you can go and read honest, unbiased reviews from women like you and be able to make better beauty purchasing decisions. I hope that this blog is a place like that for you, too!
So, here is what came in the box this month, as well as a few thoughts on each item.





Pacifica was featured heavily in this month's box. You may be familiar with their home fragrance line- candles and the like. That is, at least, what I knew the brand for. I wasn't aware that they made beauty products, but I'm glad I found out! They are absolutely lovely. We got to try out two of their body butters- Indian Coconut Nectar and Tuscan Blood Orange. They both smelled great, but as I usually don't gravitate towards fruity scents, I did prefer the Coconut Nectar fragrance. The both absorbed beautifully and were very moisturizing. 




Also included was a bronzing body butter- Coconut Crushed Pearl. This also had a lovely, delicate scent. What I like about it is that it is a light bronzer, but not a self tanner-So you don't have to worry about streaking or staining. It leaves just a hint of color and shimmer, and comes off in the shower. 

Pacifica also included two of their Color Quench Lip Tints, in Blood Orange and Coconut Nectar. They are both great lip products- subtly flavored and non-drying. The Blood Orange has a sheer red wash of color, very pretty! The tubes are enormous and will last a very long time. 
The last Pacifica product, and my favorite, is the Island Vanilla Roll-On Perfume. This is a lovely, subtle, pleasant, and soft vanilla fragrance that I think might even please people who usually aren't a fan of vanilla. I love the rollerball application, too. Great to stick in your purse for discreet fragrance touch-ups on the go. I've been wearing this fragrance a lot, its very soothing! 

We also received two shadow sample cards from Stila, featuring a small sample of each shade from the In The Moment and In The Garden palettes. These are really lovely colors-pigmented, soft, and blendable. Both palettes have enough colors to take you from day to night, and would make a great gift for someone without a lot of shadows or someone like me who is a product junkie! 
Here is a look I did using several shades from both palettes (I'm also wearing the Pacifica Blood Orange Lip Tint!): 


 Next up was a very interesting product- Flirty Little Secret's Firming Bronzer with Pheromones. The idea behind this is that the pheromones help you secretly attract.. ahem.. romantic attention. I'm no Pheromone Scientist (is that a real thing?) but I think this might be a good example of placebo. Perhaps the bronzer gives you a little confidence boost, and that in turn helps you in your more amorous adventures. Judging it just as a bronzer, it is fine.. but a little too much on the shimmery side for my tastes.

 Lastly, we got to try Kaia's Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths. You can read my full review of those here
Well, thanks for getting this far! Quite a long post, I know. Hopefully you got a little bit of insight into some of these neat new products.. Anything in the box that you'd like to try out?
Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica


All photos with the exception of the makeup look picture are courtesy of bloom.com
Disclosure: All products mentioned were provided to me through the Bloom Beauty Ambassadors program. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment