Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 23 June 2012

Info Post
Today's Abstract challenge is the one I've been dreading.. Water Marbling! Are you familiar with the process? You swirl together drops of nail polish atop a cup of water. Then, working quickly, you dunk your nail into it to transfer the marble design. It is quite messy and unpredictable.. not my kind of manicure! But, I can't back down from the Abstract Challenge! So, after painting my nails with a white base coat, I swirled together Color Club Lava Lamp, Zoya Robyn, Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty, and Barielle Swizzle Stix. I dunked one nail in at a time, and after extensive clean-up, this was the result:
The marbling is pretty... but quite inconsistent. It is a hard technique to get the hang of! I'm glad I did it though. A challenge should be, well... Challenging!
What do you think? Would you ever tackle a water marble?
Be sure to check out the marble manicures from the other ladies participating in the Abstract Challenge!

Sincerely Stephanie
Manicurator

Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure- Some products mentioned were provided to me, others I purchased myself. All opinions are my own! :o) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment