Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 7 December 2012

Info Post
Are enjoying decorating for the holidays? I am!!

Today I have a super easy tutorial for a Ribbon Wreath to share with you. My front door was looking a little plain, so I made a fluffy white wreath out of ribbons to dress it up a bit!


I originally saw this idea from Bonnie and Trish at Uncommon Designs. Their orange fall wreath was gorgeous, so I decided to make a white one that I could easily update for each season.

Supplies
50 yards wire edge ribbon
18" wire wreath form
tulle same color as ribbon
scissors 

First cut all of the ribbon into 24" lengths. You will have a giant mountain of ribbon!


Weave one of your ribbons under the two inner wires of the wreath form. 


Make bunny ears with your ribbon around the wires,


and tie a bow.


Tie the short tail ends of the ribbon in a knot over the center of the bow to secure in place. 


Move to the two outer wires of the wreath form and make another bow. Repeat this process until the whole wreath is full. I used five bows for the outer wires and four bows for the inner wires in each of the eight sections. (Total of 40 bows on the outer wires and 32 on the inner wires) 

The wreath will look nice and full at this point, but if you have OCD like me, you'll notice small holes where you can see the wreath form, as shown in the photo below. 


Take six inch pieces of tulle and tie them around the wreath form wires where ever there are holes. You don't want to see the tulle sticking out of the wreath, it should just be tucked into the ribbon to hide any bare spots.

Here's the wreath after I added the tulle:


Beautiful right? The white just pops against the color of my front door!


It is beautiful all on its own, but of course I couldn't help but add a pretty faux mercury glass ornament hanging in the center! The wires of the wreath form make it so easy to hang things and decorate the wreath!


Now my front door is ready for the holidays!


Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you're enjoying this wonderful season!


Looking for more holiday inspiration?



{here's where I party}
Image Map

1 comments:

  1. I originally saw this idea from Bonnie and Trish at Uncommon Designs. Their orange fall wreath was gorgeous, so I decided to make a white one that I could easily update for each season. settlement quote

    ReplyDelete