Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 10 December 2012

Info Post
This weekend I finally put all the finishing touches on my Christmas decorations. It feels so good to have it all done so I can now focus on other fun holiday things... baking cookies, wrapping presents... I just love this time of year!

Once we have a good sunny day I'll finishing photographing all my Christmas decor so I can give you a tour of my home, but in the mean time I thought I'd share with you my mantel all dressed up for the holidays!


First I had to pick up some new stocking holders since one of mine disappeared from last year. I found these pretty white and silver holders at Big Lots and thought they'd be the perfect mismatched set to go with my chocolate brown holders I already had. 


I upgraded our cheap, red and green store-bought stockings to ones I handmade using cream burlap and muslin. I braided some twine together to create a loop for hanging. 


I have a beautiful ice crystal and pinecone covered wreath that I hung from cream colored ribbon using a Command hook. (I love those things!) To make it stand out more against the gray wall, I propped an old frame that I spray painted white against the wall behind the wreath. I think the combination of white and cream is just gorgeous!



I dropped some extra pinecones I had from my Pinecone Gnome Ornaments in small vases from Dollar Tree. Plastic snowflakes also from Dollar Tree made the perfect toppers!


I wanted some candlelight to illuminate my mantel, so I put white candles into old mason jars and wrapped the tops of the jars with cream burlap and a stamped tag. 


I just love how it all came together! 


Now all we have to do is wait for Santa to come fill our stockings : )




Looking for more holiday ideas?



{here's where I party}
Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment