Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 3 December 2012

Info Post
Only two days left in the 12 Crafty days of Christmas series, and with all these crafty Christmas projects, my house is looking very festive!!


I have one more ornament to share with you today,
Sparkling Glitter Ornaments



Most of my tree decor so far has been very natural and rustic, so I needed to add some bling to balance it all out! It just wouldn't be Christmas without some glitter : )

I started by tracing some shapes onto cardstock. I used bells, leaves, and reindeer.


Then I cut the shapes out. Small details (like between the deer antlers) are easiest to cut out with a craft knife.


I gave each ornament a base coat of metallic Martha Stewart craft paint and let them dry completely. Don't worry if the ornaments start to curl, you can flatten them out later.



Then I applied a thick coat of Mod Podge and sprinkled crystal glitter onto the ornaments. Once the Mod Podge had set, I dumped all the loose glitter back into the container.


To keep glitter from falling off the ornament, I applied a good coat of Mod Podge over the glitter. It took quite a while to dry, but once it did the glitter still sparkled perfectly and it added a lot of sturdiness to the ornament. I also applied a few thin coats of Mod Podge to the backs of the ornaments for added support. If you are having a problem with your ornaments curling, you can place them under something heavy or between book pages for a few hours once the Mod Podge is dry to the touch.

I punched a hole in the top of the ornaments and threaded a piece of string through the hole. I threaded both ends of the string through silver beads and tied a knot at the top. 

Now I have the perfect bling for my tree!





I hope you're enjoying the 12 Crafty Days of Christmas as much as I am, and make sure to come back tomorrow for the FINAL project and and GIVEAWAY!! 


Here's a recap of all the projects in the series so far:


Deer Head Burlap Pillow



















{here's where I party}
Image Map

1 comments:

  1. There are many reputable companies that buy your settlement in exchange for a lump sum paid immediately. settlement quote

    ReplyDelete