Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 2 December 2012

Info Post
Hello Love Grows Wild Readers! I'm Kelly and I blog at Here Comes the Sun.  I blog mainly about DIY home projects but I also throw in some kid crafts and recipes!

I'm so excited to be participating in Liz's 12 Crafty Days of Christmas Series.

How many of you have started decorating for the holiday?  I gotta say that my holiday decorating exhausted me.  And I look around my house and there are areas that are completely bare and I'm clueless about what to do with them.  I could run out to the store and buy some ready-made item and throw it up but that's not what I'm all about. 

I needed something quick and cheap and not found in a box.  This is what my husband I came up with.


It doesn't get much easier than this.

Here are the supplies you will need (add in some scotch tape too!)


Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to 5"x7"

Cut a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper to 5" by whatever width you decide looks good with your snowflake.

The snowflake that I have was made by my mother in law with one of those fancy sewing machines.  She gave me 2 and I used one as an ornament and one for this project.  You can use any snowflake that you want.  A chipboard snowflake would look nice.  A sticker would work well too.

Tape your snowflake to the middle of the red paper and then tape the red paper to the middle of the green paper.


Here is a close-up of the snowflake.  The loop in the upper left is for hanging on the tree.  It amazes me what these new fangled sewing machines can do.


Place your paper into the frame and you are done!  I love that this is such a simple craft yet you can personalize it to go with any decor.  


I have mine displayed on our entryway table.


I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Thanks so much, Liz, for having me today.

I would love for you to stop by my blog.  You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google+.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much, Kelly, for sharing this! It's such a quick and simple project, and it turned out adorable! I cannot believe a sewing machine made that snowflake... never in my wildest dreams could I accomplish something like that! Be sure to check out more of Kelly's creative projects at Here Comes the Sun !
 

More 12 Crafty Days of Christmas coming your way tomorrow! 
(Don't miss the giveaway on December 4th!)


Looking for more Christmas craft ideas? 

Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment