Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 28 April 2012

Info Post
Recently,  Rachael of Island Girl Insights ran a blogger-only swap.. This was an opportunity for members of the beauty blogging community to meet up and trade favorite beauty products with each other. I was lucky enough to be paired up with the lovely Heather of Sugar and Spice. This was a really lucky pairing for a few reasons: First of all, Heather lives in England and I live in the U.S-so were able to swap for things that aren't available in our respective countries. Secondly, it turns out that we share pretty much the same tastes in makeup and also have very similar complexions- so it was really easy to shop for each other. Lastly- Heather is just a sweetheart! She was a pleasure to deal with and it was easy as pie chatting and working out the details of the swap. I had a ton of fun shopping for her and putting together her package, but she hasn't received it yet so I won't talk about it here and spoil the surprise!
Lucky for me, I have gotten mine already and it is amazing! I'm really excited to share it with you all.
Heather obviously took a lot of time and care putting this swap together. We asked each other some questions about what brands/products/shades we would like to get, and she was definitely paying attention! Here is what she sent me:
Sleek Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette
17 Lipstick in Honey Blossom
Berry Crush Lipstain in Sleepover
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Purple
Barry M Dazzle Dust 
Barry M Nail Polish in Raspberry
Barry M Nail Polish in Gold Foil Effect
Max Factor Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire
And.. A bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate.. my favorite!
Plus, a sweet handwritten note telling me what she had chosen to send and why.

This was such an amazing package to get in the mail! A box full of goodies from the other side of the pond. I have been dying to get my hands on a Sleek palette, I've heard so many good things about them and like all the other great items Heather sent, they aren't available here! From the lovely polishes to the lip products.. Everything she sent is so special and thoughtful. I love doing swaps but sometimes they are tough because you don't know who you will be paired with, if it will work out, etc. Rachael obviously put together a great group of girls, and I'm so grateful that I got paired up with Heather.. She even sent everything in a darling little box that she spent an hour wrapping in pretty paper! Clearly a lot of time and effort was put into sending me this swap and I am so happy to have recieved it. Thank you so much Heather, and Rachael as well for putting the swap together! 
What do you all think of the package I got? Are there any products in it that you'd specifically like to see me review here on the blog?
Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica


0 comments:

Post a Comment