Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 13 April 2012

Info Post
I have been subscribed to the MyGlam.com beauty sample subscription service since January. If you read my review of the March bag, you know that I have not been very happy with the service so far. If you haven't read it, allow me to tell you- I haven't been very happy with the service so far!  I would have cancelled my subscription, but I kept it if only to review it each month.
When my Glambag arrived this month, my expectations were not very high. Well, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised! After countless complaints from many subscribers about tiny sample sizes, too many skincare samples, not enough makeup, etc.. it seems that the MyGlam crew listened to the consumer and tried to make this bag a really good one. My biggest complaint about the last bag was actually the overpowering smell that the whole thing was enveloped in- a "toxic glue" sort of smell as I saw one Facebook commenter put it. I am happy to report that this bag was free of that unwelcome fragrance!
Here is what was included:
0.03 oz Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion
0.21 oz DermStore Lip Quench Moisture Infusion Lip Treatment
Pair of All-Belle False Eyelashes
MyGlam All-over Eyeshadow Brush
MyGlam Eyeliner Brush
Pink metallic makeup bag


So, they obviously took care of the "no makeup" complaint by including a great, useful product from a very well known makeup brand- Urban Decay. Also, the lip treatment looks to be a full size. I've only had the chance to use it a couple of times, but I really like the scent and find it very hydrating.
The brushes are of surprisingly nice quality. Last month's bag included a blending brush, and although I had to wash it a few times before use due to the aforementioned smell, I have found it pretty useful in the past month. So, with these two brushes I have a collection of three. I wonder if MyGlam will include more in the future? The lashes are a fun extra.. I never wear fake lashes, but I know lots of gals who do and I will be passing these along to one of them :o)
In short, this bag has renewed my hope in MyGlam. If they continue in this direction, I will really look forward to that bag in the mail each month..I hope that the disappointing first few bags were the result of a new company working out the kinks, and that future bags will be more like this one!
Do you subscribe to MyGlam? Did you find this month's bag was better than the rest or have you been a pretty happy camper all along?
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment