Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 1 April 2012

Info Post
Many people regard Rimmel London as one of the great drug store cosmetics brands. They make some of my favorite mascaras, and their models are always gorgeous! I picked up this Eye Shadow quad recently, as I haven't given too many of their eye shadows a try.
This quad is meant to complement blue eyes, but I usually don't pay too much attention to that sort of thing. I think any shadow can work with any color eyes, really. It just depends on what you like, what you think looks nice, and what you are comfortable wearing. This palette features four warm, coordinating shades, all with a slight shimmer finish.

I would have liked to see a Matte thrown in here, because I like mixing textures. The shadows are not the most pigmented, really, nor did they have great staying power. Also, I don't feel like there is enough variety in this palette. When applied to the eye, the shades all sort of wash out and look very similar. I swatched these on my arm, as you can see below, over primer. You can certainly see the difference between them, but I will tell you that I had to swatch them quite heavily. On the eye, as you can also see below, when applied with a shadow brush over primer, these shadows don't really stand out. They were blendable, but not really buildable.
This eye look uses all four of the shadows, a black felt-tip liner, and Rimmel ScandalEyes mascara
This would be a good palette if you are looking for shadows with which to create a VERY light, subtle "natural look". Even so, however, I have plenty of neutral color shadows for that sort of thing that are SUPER pigmented. Keep in mind, I am also extremely fair. If you have a deeper skin tone I really feel like these would totally disappear. All in all (in case you couldn't tell!) I was pretty disappointed in this palette. I find it rather useless. There are many other shadows (both cheaper and more expensive than this one) that will really give you more pigmentation, wear, and use!
How do you feel about Rimmel shadows, in general? Do you have any experience with this palette? I would love to hear your opinion on it!
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment