Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 21 April 2012

Info Post
I was looking through pictures over the past year for fun things and special moments I could share with you, and I came across albums of my bridal shower last April. That day was memorable for so many reasons:

1) In the midst of crazy, chaotic, stressful wedding planning, my bridal shower was the one thing I didn't have to think about.
2) My family and friends put so much thought into every detail: from the theme and colors, to the food and gifts. It was all so very me!
3) I was skinny, in shape, and tan. Nothing like needing to fit into a mermaid gown to get you motivated!

The theme they came up with was "Love Grows". (Look familiar?) The concept came about from my husband's upbringing on a farm where they grew corn and soybeans. They wanted to use fresh, spring-like colors since the shower was in April, so they used a mix of teal and yellow. The centerpieces were a shabby-chic arrangement of floating lemon slices in mason jars with all white flowers and tied with a teal ribbon.


The food and drinks were simple and elegant:
Blue punch served in martini glasses, 

Chicken salad croissants, spinach salad with strawberries and walnuts, deviled eggs, cucumber sandwiches on rye,

Fruit arrangement with chocolate fondue fountain, 

and cupcakes that ironically were made by my son's principal!

Each guest wrote down thoughts and hopes for my husband and I for our one, five, and ten-year anniversaries. There were placed in those beautifully wrapped tubes and sealed. I cannot wait till June so we can open our 1 year capsule!

But perhaps my favorite detail of the shower was the favors my aunt made for all the guests. She is an avid gardner, and knowing my passion for cooking, she grew basil plants from seeds and planted them in mini clay pots wrapped in teal and yellow ribbon for everyone to take home. My mom finished them off with little "love grows" signs to stick in each pot. How cool is that? Much better than getting a little sack of mints and nuts to take home!

And I have to share with you a picture of my little sister and I at the shower. She helped me so much with the whole wedding. And I am so in love with my little white dress!

What's your favorite wedding or shower favor you've gotten? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment