Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 April 2012

Info Post
I did it! I made my first post!


It feels so good to get my little blog up and running. As I mentioned before, we are in the process of packing and moving sometime at the end of the school year, so you'll have to excuse my lack of creativity at the moment. I have a million projects floating around my head, but there just aren't many of them getting accomplished until we get into the new house. All my stuff is packed up in boxes!


But with the end of school just around the corner, I thought I'd share with you a gift I made for my boy's teachers at Christmas time. I saw this project here and thought it would be the perfect way to show their teachers how much we appreciate them.



I purchased 2 small clay pots from Hobby Lobby (50% off!) and painted the bases black and the rims yellow. I think using chalkboard paint on the base would be super cute to write messages, but all I had was black. Once dry, I lined up a tape measure around the rim and taped to hold it in place. Using a fine point black Sharpie, I drew a line every 1/2 inch. I removed the tape measure and filled in the remaining lines and numbers. This was a little time consuming making each little mark perfect, but it turns out really cute! I made a "Thank you for helping me grow" tag and attached using a red and white polka dot ribbon. Since it was winter when we gave the pots to the boy's teachers I didn't fill it with flowers, but there are so many pretty blooms you could fill it with now!


I promise soon I will have step-by-step pictures for you on future projects. I need to get in the habit of photographing everything I do! Speaking of photos... I've had the same style digital camera since probably high school. Now that I'm starting this blogging adventure I'm definitely going to need to upgrade my camera! What would you suggest for a new camera? I would love to get your feedback!


If you would like to follow me, you can find the options below. I love making new friends! Leave me a comment and let me know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment