Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 2 April 2012

Info Post
Aleta, of the blog thenailjunkie.com, has just released a gorgeous Spring nail polish line. This is her first foray into making her own polish, and the results are quite impressive!
Aleta released these polishes in a limited edition set, including 3 lovely pastel shades (a pink, purple and yellow), a green glitter topcoat, and a clear matte polish. She also included some free items with the purchase of the polishes.. felt glitter removal wipes, rose scented wax melts, lilac oil spray, and a jasmine sugar 
scrub. This was a really nice package to get in the mail, it was presented so
 nicely, and of course- full of goodies! Here is the package before I unwrapped it:
Isn't that adorable? One of the nicest things about buying this collection was how personal the whole experience was from start to finish. Aleta e-mailed me right away, letting me know when she would ship, and kept me informed along the way. She let me know when she had dropped the package off at the post office, and even e-mailed me a picture of my box all set and ready to go! The set even comes with a personalized certificate of authenticity. It was just really... nice! Also, 5 dollars from the purchase price went to charity, specifically http://www.womenforwomen.org/ . What a lovely gesture.

Here is what was inside the package:

I think that all the extras included were really thoughtful, and the whole thing was protected with Easter grass, so when you opened it up it was like a little Easter basket! The colors themselves are gorgeous... incredible pigmented, opaque in two coats, and they have such a beautiful, satiny finish. The green topcoat is a nice accent for all of the pastels. Swatched below are two coats of each color, one with and one without the glitter topcoat, as well as a swatch of just two coats of the glitter topper. All are topped with the clear matte polish that was included.
Click to see larger
These colors are wonderful.. They are soft and delicate but they each have a very subtle and interesting shimmer to them. I was also SO impressed with the yellow. I usually hate yellow polishes because they look terrible on me and apply awfully. This one applied like butter.. opaque in two coats and such a beautiful, flattering daffodil yellow. Below is a nail look I created using all of the polishes, plus a black nail art pen for the black detailing.
I love the finish on these, it is like a beautiful satin ceramic glaze. These are really wonderful, high quality polishes. I am so happy that I was one of the lucky few to be able to buy a set, and I am so excited to see what Aleta comes up with next! You can keep up with her at The Nail Junkie.
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased this set myself for review :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment