Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 25 May 2012

Info Post
Time for this month's Birchbox! This month, the theme of the box was Gossip Girl. For the life of me I can't see the tie-in! I really don't get what any of these products have to do with the show. I mean, those girls look like they use a lot of beauty products.. and these are beauty products.. So...There's a connection? Thats the best I can do. Irrelevant theme aside, lets take a look at the box!
These were the products included:
1 oz. Ojon Restorative Conditioner
0.5 oz Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
0.038 oz Flor y Canto Perfume by Arquiste
0.17 oz (Full Size) Fusion Beauty LipFusion Balm
Extra: XOXO Notecard

Allow me to get this out of the way: The notecard was a stupid "Extra".. its not even a folded card, its pretty much a rectangle of card stock that says "XOXO", and regardless of how nice it is or isn't, it has no place in a Birchbox. I don't know what it is doing in a box that is supposed to be comprised of beauty samples..
Now let's talk about the products:
Ojon Conditioner: To me, a deluxe sized sample can be used 3-4 times, so you can get a good feel for the product. With my long hair, this 1oz sample isn't even going to survive one shower. I'm a little bit displeased with the size of this sample.
Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream: I'm all about hand and nail care, so I'm looking forward to trying this. After briefly sampling it, I can tell you that it absorbs quite fast and has a pleasant, not overbearing fragrance.
LipFusion Balm: Its always nice to get a full sized product, and another lip balm is always useful. Nice going with this one, BBox!
Arquiste Flor y Canto Perfume: This unassuming little vial came with one of the most ostentatious fragrance descriptions I've ever seen! "August 1400, Tenochtitlan, Mexico- On the most fragrant festival in the Aztec calendar, the rhythm of drums palpitates as a wealth of flowers is offered on temple altars. Billowing clouds of Copal act as a backdrop to the intoxicating breath of Tuberose, Magnolia, Plumeria and the intensely yellow aroma of the sacred Marigold, cempoalxochitl". I guess fragrance descriptions are often a little too fancy for their own good, but this one made me chuckle. The fragrance itself is quite heavy, and although gardenia isn't listed in the notes, to me it is a dead ringer for Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion. I'm not cheap when it comes to perfume, but at $165.00 for the 55ml full size bottle, this scent is a little too rich for my blood. I guess the Gossip Girls can afford it? AH-HA! I have found the tie in! 

This month's box gets a B- . The full size lipbalm really saved the day on this one!
What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best, 
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased this subscription myself



0 comments:

Post a Comment