Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 29 May 2012

Info Post
Day #2! Today is all about:

Photobucket

From the day you get engaged, ok let's be real, from the day you were born, you've been dreaming about what your dress would look like. You envision your beautiful, white gown with your beautifully dressed bridesmaids beside you and your hunk of a husband standing before you. But to be honest, the idea I've always had of what my wedding would look like turned out to be very different from what I ended up choosing. I never pictured myself in an ivory dress with a full length veil and pearls. But going back to yesterday's post (find that here), the way to create your perfect wedding is to find your inspiration and carry that throughout the entire wedding. And I definitely found the dress to perfectly match the feel of my wedding!

This is the first dress I fell in love with.

Wedding Week The Look DSC01525 edit

Wedding Week The Look DSC01526 Edit

I loved it because it was different. It wasn't a big, fluffy ball gown. The front of the dress was very flattering to my figure, and when I turned around... that beaded piece straight down the back took my breath away! But when I pictured myself in this dress on my wedding day, I saw myself standing on a beach somewhere. It was not quite the elegant gown I was looking for.

Then I tried on this dress.

Wedding Week The Look DSC01524 Edit

Wedding Week The Look DSC01520 Edit

It was plain. It was simple. It was ivory with a champagne belt. On the rack the dress looked so boring and blah. But when I put it on, the mermaid shape hugged my curves and made me feel so beautiful and elegant and sexy and regal all at the same time. It was perfect. 

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8358 edit

I paired it with a long ivory veil trimmed in champagne satin and ivory satin ballet flats. I love a good high heel, but I knew that if I stood in those all day long I would be miserable. I also knew we were getting married outside, and I didn't want to be sinking into the ground and tripping while walking down the aisle. I tried on numerous amounts of jewelry, but I kept going back to basic, plain pearls. I wore pearl earrings I purchased from Kohl's and my grandmother's pearl bracelet. Anything else I tried to add clashed with the simplicity of the dress. For my hair, I chose to put it all up in a smooth updo, with the curls pinned low and lots of volume on top. LOTS of volume! I needed some height to balance out my simple dress. It looked very Southern Belle to me. One of my girlfriends called me "Southern Barbie"!

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8362 Edit

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8426 Edit

For my bridesmaid dresses, I didn't have too many requests. I wanted a blue dress with a short length, but more importantly something all my girls felt comfortable in. I got the girls pearl jewelry to wear and let them choose their own white shoes. I know how much it costs to be in a wedding, and I figured if they had to buy a new pair of shoes, it might as well be ones they really like and would want to wear again.

Wedding Week The Look DSC02726 Edit

For Jeremy's look, I knew I wanted to go a different route than a black tux. We were getting married outdoors in June and I wanted to keep it simple, light, and elegant. I chose a khaki colored suit with a white shirt and ivory vest and tie to coordinate with my dress. The groomsmen wore the same khaki suit with a blue vest and tie to coordinate with the bridesmaid dresses. My and Jeremy's fathers wore khaki suits with a mocha colored vest and tie. 

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8288 Edit

Our two boys were ring bearers in the wedding so they needed outfits too. Since they were only 1 and 5 years old, I didn't want to have to pay the price of a suit rental for both boys. Some places even make you purchase the suits that small. Before Easter I was shopping in K-Mart and came across some Easter outfits that perfectly matched our wedding! They were only $23 a piece!!

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8643 Edit

The boys looked so cute! I got them brown slip-on boat shoes from Target to go with their outfits. We saved a ton of money not going the formal route with them!

This is what our wedding party looked like all together. It was perfect!

Wedding Week The Look IMG_8620 Edit


If you missed Day 1 of Wedding Week, CLICK HERE, and don't forget to check out my co-host, Kelley at The Grant Life to see what her wedding looked like!

Don't miss the rest of Love Grows Wild Wedding Week!


LoveAlwaysSignature-2

A special thanks to my sponsors for Wedding Week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment