Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 16 May 2012

Info Post
I've been part of the Artsy Wednesday group for several weeks now- each week we have a theme to create a manicure around. While so far the theme has been an idea for us to interpret, this time the subject is a technique- Newspaper nails. Are you familiar with the process? Basically, you take a piece of newspaper and dip it in rubbing alcohol. You then put this on your nail and allow the print to transfer from the paper onto your polished nail.
My manicure is very basic this week- I know some of the other ladies participating have done amazing manicures incorporating this technique, but since I have never done a manicure using this method before I wanted to keep it very pure and simple!
I painted my nails using Milani White on The Spot, and when that was completely dry I began the transfer process. I found that it was much easier to position a dry piece of newspaper over my nail, and then using a cotton ball apply a bit of rubbing alcohol to that until the ink transfered. If I wet the paper first and then put it on my nail, it was more difficult to position and more prone to smudging.
It was a little bit of trial and error, but once I got the technique down I was able to create a neat, crisp manicure that I really like!
I look forward to trying this technique again and moving beyond the "basic", maybe incorporating different colors, or applying the print over a water marble! I wonder if I could transfer images from the comics page?
Be sure to check out the creations of the other ladies participating in Artsy Wednesday!

Maria's Nail Art
Polished Genius
Nails by Ms. Lizard
Swaafie
Unnaked Nails
Nail & Polish

Have you ever tried newspaper nails? What is your favorite nail art technique?
Thank you so much for reading! 
All the best, 
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased all products mentioned myself :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment