Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 10 May 2012

Info Post
Mother's Day is just around the corner! And what mother or grandmother doesn't love little handprints of their kiddos? Here is a super sweet handprint canvas that can be easily customized with your favorite colors and the number of handprints you have!





Here's the supplies I used:
4 - 6 x 6 inch canvases (30% off sale) $11.17
Acrylic Paint in 2 colors  $1.98
Black Paint Pen (with 40% off coupon) $2.08
Total cost of project: $15.23
(everything came from Hobby Lobby)


I laid the canvases out on newspaper,

and taped off the edges. I thought the white/gray contrast would look nice, and frankly I didn't feel like painting all the way around the edges. I was having a lazy day : )

I painted all the canvases with the gray acrylic paint and let them dry. 


After peeling off the tape,

I used a ruler to mark 1/2 inch increments on the side of one canvas so I would have a guide to write the 11 lines of the handprints poem. I was afraid to mark on the painted surface because I wasn't sure the pencil would erase and not damage the paint. 

I printed the handprints poem off the computer so I would have a good visual as I was handwriting the poem.

I wrote the poem using the black paint pen and added the year in the bottom corner.

I wanted to bring in some of the color I was using for the boy's handprints onto the poem canvas, so I sketched a heart with pencil next to the year, 

 and filled it in with the blue paint.


 I added one of the boy's names to each remaining canvas, 

 and got the boys all painted up! Here's my big guy's hand. 

 And here's my baby's hand.

 Wyatt said he looked like a Smurf. He's such a wise-guy. 

 The blank one is for my sweet little nephew. I'm going to give them some of the blue paint so they can fill his handprint in!

 I wrapped it up, 

and hot glued some scrapbook paper and a flower on top.


Happy Mother's Day!


Here is where I link up to some great parties!

If you're a follower of Love Grows Wild, I want to say, THANK YOU! If you are not yet, I would love for you to follow me. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment