Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 30 May 2012

Info Post


Today in our Wedding Week series, I'll focus on the most special part of our wedding day, The Ceremony.

IMG_0750 edit


Since we got married on a golf coarse, we decorated the ceremony very minimally. All the beautiful green scenery was decoration enough. We made our programs ourselves using extra paper we had and some ribbon.

DSC04463 edit

For our ceremony, my Aunt Joy agreed to marry us. It made our wedding so special to have family play such an important role.

IMG_0742 edit

Do you see the woman holding a computer in the background? The computer is my Aunt Rhonda Skyping from her job in Turkey since she wasn't able to be there! How cool is that?!

IMG_0718 edit

From the second I grabbed my Dad's arm and took my first step down the aisle, I cried my eyes out. I was just so in the moment and overcome with emotion. When I got up to Jeremy, my Aunt kindly instructed him to wipe my tears away. He even knew to dab instead of wipe so all my makeup didn't come off!
IMG_0739 edit

I was so nervous that I put Jeremy's ring on the wrong hand. He was quietly trying to tell me it was the wrong one, but Aunt Joy, in her own way, said to zip it. And he did.

We wanted something different than the typical wedding music. We fell in love with Vitamin String Quartet after a DJ suggested it to us. They have all kinds of albums specializing in string versions of rock songs. We used All I Want Is You (a tribute to U2) for the bridal processional and You Shook Me All Night Long (a tribute to ACDC) for our recessional. Before you judge the ACDC choice, listen to the song!! It's awesome and gave all the 80's babies in the crowd a big smile when they recognized it!

I wanted to do some sort of a unity candle, but being an outdoor wedding I wasn't sure how windy it would be. I didn't want to spend an hour trying to get candles to light! So instead we used flowers. When each of our Mothers walked down the aisle to be seated, they carried a special bouquet of flowers. Each bouquet had flowers and colors that represented our families. They carried the bouquets up to a table in the front and placed them in separate glass vases.

IMG_8716 edit

IMG_8718 edit

 During our ceremony Aunt Joy instructed Jeremy and I to go to our family's bouquet, remove a flower, and place it in a new glass vase, signifying the unity us and our families together.

IMG_8752 edit

IMG_8753 edit


I loved the new take on the traditional unity candle, and it gave our Moms a special role in the wedding.


Since both our ceremony and reception were in the same location, we had a very limited time to take pictures after the ceremony. I didn't want to keep our guests waiting for hours while we took all the pictures we wanted. So Jeremy and I decided to do a special "first look" photo session before our ceremony. Some people love this idea and some people hate it, but I truly believe it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We got to have a special moment just the two of us (plus the photographer) to see each other for the first time and spend a little bit of time together before the ceremony. Getting to see him put me at ease and made me forget about all my nervousness.

IMG_8479 edit

IMG_8492 edit

IMG_8495 edit

IMG_8539 edit

IMG_8508 edit


That might have been that hottest day we had all year long, but it was perfect! I'll never forget the day I married my best friend and soul mate!

Here's what we've covered so far in Wedding Week:


Help us celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and stay tuned for the rest of Love Grows Wild Wedding Week! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment