Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 10 March 2012

Info Post
The weather was glorious here on the East Coast today- bright, sunny, and beautiful (but still a little chilly!). I thought it would be a great day to showcase two gorgeous Zoya polishes that really hit their stride in the sunlight, Tru and Maisie
Both are from the latest Spring collection at Zoya, the True collection. This collection features 6 lovely muted shades as well as 3 "Fleck effect" Mylar glazes - Flakies! The whole collection is right up my alley.. but we must focus! First off, Tru.
Tru is a super-saturated, beautiful red-toned purple. Throughout the polish there is a coppery red shimmer that shows up best in sunlight. I absolutely love purple polish, and this two-coater is a real delight. It dries to a lovely shine without topcoat, and the formula is smooth and wonderful. Can you tell I'm a fan of this polish? I think it is wonderful as is, but I wanted to pair it up with one of the fleck effect glazes. Though the natural choice to pair it with would be Chloe, the pink flakie of the collection, I wanted to try something different. So, here is Tru with a topcoat of Maisie, the blue flakie.
I love this combo- I think it is funky and unexpected. Maisie applies like a dream and is a great topcoat addition to any nail polish collection as it totally transforms whatever you put it over.
Tru is great by itself or glitzed up a little with Maisie, but both polishes are pretty unique additions to my stash. I'm a big fan of Zoya's seasonal collections, and I'm very excited to see what they have in store for the Summer!
Zoya polishes retail for 8 dollars each and are sold at some salons and zoya.com
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased both of these polishes myself for review :o)


0 comments:

Post a Comment