Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 29 March 2012

Info Post
If you're like me (and everyone else on Earth), you thought Jennifer Lawrence looked absolutely lovely at the premiere of the highly anticipated Hunger Games film. Her dress, by Prabal Gurung, was a stunning molten gold showstopper. What I was interested in though, as usual, was her makeup! Jennifer looked amazing with intense dark liner against her blue eyes.
The liner is blended out with a hint of gold, echoing her lovely dress. What I like about this look is that it is universally flattering.. It looks lovely on someone blonde and fair like Jennifer, and would also look great on someone with darker hair or a deeper skin tone. I wanted to create an eye look inspired by Jennifer's premiere appearance. The eye look is essentially a replica of the makeup she wore, but with more gold to reference the dress she wore and a touch of brown to soften the look.
I began by applying NYX eyeshadow primer all over my eyelid, and then tightly lined my upper and lower lashline using a Wet n' Wild color icon pencil liner in Black. Using a small eyeliner brush, I smudged this liner and softened it using some black eyeshadow from Tarte. I then applied a gorgeous gold (Meow Cosmetics Nibiru) on my eyelid using a shadow brush, blending it in with the black liner. A deep brown shadow from Tarte was applied on the outer edge of my crease with a light hand. I then went over my top lashline again with a light application of the black shadow. Lastly, a few coats of Rimmel Scandal-Eyes mascara completed the look.
What do you think? Do you ever get makeup inspiration from celebrities?
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment