Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 9 March 2012

Info Post

Getting my Birchbox in the mail is definitely one of the most exciting times (in terms of postal deliveries) of the month!

It is always a fun surprise to see that lovely pink box peeking at me amidst all the bills, junk mail, etc. when I open my mailbox. Okay, who am I kidding, its no surprise.. I watch that tracking number like a freaking hawk as soon as it gets emailed to me. But still, that should tell you how much I enjoy getting my Birchbox.

Here it is!

Like any sample service where the contents of your box are a surprise, some months are more well-suited to you than others. This one is a hit!
Birchbox teamed up with Teen Vogue for a special edition box, and they did not disappoint!

My March Birchbox contains:

Sample vial of Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie fragrance
Full size bottle of Essie Luxe Effects Set In Stones topcoat
Full size (!) Tarte LipSurgence Lip tint in Amused
Sample pack of Shiseido Pureness Oil Control Blotting Paper
and a Twistband Hair tie

As extras, Birchbox also included a 10$ off 75$ purchase to Modcloth.com and a special subscription offer to Teen Vogue.

I was pretty impressed with this Birchbox! A full size Tarte lip tint?? Hello! First of all, I get instant grabby hands when it comes to anything by Tarte. I love love love their super-high quality makeup. This lip tint is no exception (full review to come!). Plus, a full size is 24$!

Equally exciting was the Essie Luxe Effects topcoat. These little topcoats are awesome, adding a ton of variety to your nail polish stash and expanding your nail art options by about 10000! What is really amazing is that Birchbox was somehow able to harness their psychic capabilities and send me the only polish in the Luxe Effects collection that I didn't already own, Set in Stones. Impressive, Birchbox! Most impressive.

Let's take a closer look at that Essie, shall we?
Gorgeous! Can't wait to try this one out. The Essie and Tarte items were certainly the stars of this box. The Shiseido blotting papers are nice to tuck into your purse for quick touch-ups. As far as the Annick Goutal vial goes, I always love a fragrance sample! Its a nice way to try new things without buying a full size bottle or dousing yourself with a fragrance tester in a department store while averting the dirty looks of the sales associates.

The little hairband is a fun extra, too. But.. its a hairband. Even my most verbose description can't tell you much more than that.
All in all, a Birchbox well done! Stay tuned for April!

Thank you so much for reading!
All the Best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased a subscription to Birchbox myself. :o)



0 comments:

Post a Comment