Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 9 March 2012

Info Post

From the Spring 2012 Navigate Her collection, Essie Ole Caliente is a super-saturated, pink-leaning, bright coral creme. I was very excited when I saw this color in the bottle.. It is really beautiful! Ultra bright and summery and although it verges on it, it is not a neon. This is one of those universally flattering brights, it would look great on any skin tone from ultra-fair to tan to very deep.

The color is slightly more pink and less orange in real life.
My only gripe about this polish is that I needed 4 coats to achieve a non streaky, opaque finish. I would expect fewer coats to be necessary for such a bright creme. That being said, I think the end color is worth it. Bright and exciting, perfect for a summer pedicure.


Amigo clearly approves of this polish.
If you like to glitz up your mani, which I often do, a good pairing for this color is Milani Jewel FX in Gold. Adding a blingy topcoat also allows you to do fewer coats of the coral.

Shown below is four coats of Essie Ole Caliente plus one coat of Milani Jewel FX in Gold.
I LOVE this combo! What a perfect manicure for a night out in the Summertime! Ugh.. I've got myself pining for warm weather now.. still a few more weeks to go!
What combinations do you like to try when it comes to Summer brights?

Thank you so much for reading!
All the Best,
Jessica

Essie polishes are available at drug stores and salons nationwide, for about 8 dollars each.
Milani polishes are also available at drug stores nationwide and retail for around 6 dollars.

Disclosure: I purchased both of these polishes myself for review. :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment