Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 10 March 2012

Info Post

So, this morning I opened up my mailbox to find a cheerful metallic pink bubble envelope containing my March 2012
MyGlam bag. MyGlam is a monthly beauty sample subscription service that just started up a few months ago. According to the website:
"Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products."

Unfortunately, as soon as I opened the lovely pink bubble wrap I was "greeted" with a terrible smell. The cute little floral bag and everything in it smells very strongly of mothballs/paint thinner. Not exactly a scent to put me in a serene mood as I peruse my beauty samples. I don't know if it is from the manufacturing or what, but the scent emanating from floral bag was so strong that it really pervaded everything in the package. Gross! And what a bummer :o(

Let's take a look at the bag and contents:

The bag itself is pretty cute, if unspectacular, and the contents are as follows:
A Myglam branded blending brush in a similarly branded pink brush case
Dual sample packed of Keracolor Color-Enhancing Leave in Treatment
Full size Pur-lisse Daily Lip Nourisher
Sample of Murad Eye Lift Perfector
Sample of Pur-lisse SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
Coupon for 25$ off a 50$ purchase at Dermstore

While this month's bag did include a nice full-size sample (the lip protector), I was a little bit disappointed in the other samples. To me, a "Deluxe" sample is a sample that has enough product for multiple uses, so one can assess whether the product is right for them. A tiny, 0.015 fl. oz. packet of Murad Eye Perfector, or a 0.14 oz Pur-Lisse moisturizer does not qualify as "Deluxe" to me.
On the plus side, the blending brush seems soft and pretty decent. I haven't used it yet as I have to wash it first to get rid of that yucky mothball smell. The Pur-lisse lip protector is nice too, as you can never have too many lip balms as far as I'm concerned.
Also, the 25$ off a 50$ Dermstore purchase is pretty exciting. The fine print says that some brand exclusions do apply, hopefully that won't be too problematic.
All in all, March's MyGlam Bag gets a C+, with major point deductions for the weird smell and sub-par sample sizes, but some bonus points tacked back on for the full size lip balm, decent blending brush, and very useful coupon.
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased the MyGlam subscription myself for review. :o)


0 comments:

Post a Comment