Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 27 March 2012

Info Post
I recently placed my first order on meowcosmetics.com, due largely in part to the rave reviews I've seen on Phyrra.net (Check out Phyrra's site if you haven't, she does the cutest looks and she has a poodle!) . One of the items I ordered was Hysteria, a gorgeous olive mineral shadow that is part of Meow's very cheeky "End of Days" limited edition collection. According to the website, this collection is available until December 21, 2012, or the end of the world.. whichever comes first!
This is a pretty funny spin on all the end of the world nonsense that is so ubiquitous lately. But let's get on to this gorgeous shadow.. and when I say gorgeous, I mean stop-you-in-your-tracks gorgeous!
Meow Cosmetics describes Hysteria as a "gleaming bright olive with silver shimmer". To me, the shimmer reads more gold, but it is so lovely either way. This shadow is ULTRA pigmented. However, the base that you use makes a huge difference. Below, from left to right, I've swatched Hysteria on my arm alone, over NYX eyeshadow primer, and lastly using Meow Cosmetics eyeliner sealant.

As you can see, you get fantastic color payoff with the eyeliner sealant. I wore this shade all day today with the eyeliner sealant and it is STILL going strong. I really love this shadow, it is so complex that you can just slap it on alone and still have a really interesting look. Below I'm wearing it with the eyeliner sealant and Rimmel Scandal-Eyes mascara.. thats it! I took the picture a few hours after application, so you can see how well it wears..

I was really happy with the pigmentation, application, and wear of this shadow.. I'll be buying from Meow Cosmetics again for sure. These shadows retail for 8.00 and can be purchased at Meowcosmetics.com. 
Do you have any indie brand makeup?
Thanks so much for reading!
All the best, 
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased this shadow myself for review

0 comments:

Post a Comment