Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 March 2012

Info Post
Here is my first swatch/review... Giddyup!

Today we are reviewing Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Rainforest. I wanted to try this deep vampy green before the weather got too warm and all I want to wear are summery brights!

At about 8 dollars, I thought this was a tad expensive for a drugstore polish. I was able to get it for 40% off by waiting for a sale. If you like the color, you may want to wait for a sale as well as there are often deals like 40% off Revlon, BOGO 50% off, etc. at drug stores like Rite Aid, CVS, and Walgreens.

Well, on to the color itself!

















This is a gorgeous deep forest green with a dense yet subtle green shimmer throughout. The color on the nail is very true to the color in the bottle. Application was great- the first coat being very streaky and patchy worried me, but a second coat brought this polish to opacity and a consistent finish. The swatch above is 1 coat CND sticky, 2 coats Revlon Rainforest, and 1 coat of CND Speedey. I did get a teensy tiny bit of shrinkage on my tips, so the Speedey topcoat may not play well with this polish. Overall this is a gorgeous deep green, not too Christmas-y and not so dark that it verges on black. Looks great in the sunshine! Sadly I will probably be stashing it until next Fall in lieu of the amazing Spring/Summer colors I will soon be pulling out when the weather warms!

Thank you so much for reading and please come back soon!
All the best,
Jessica


Disclosure: I purchased this item myself for review :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment