Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 22 March 2012

Info Post
Many nail-obsessed people (like myself) are jumping all over the gorgeous lacquers that the indie polish world has to offer. Setting up shop at places like Etsy.com, many creative entrepreneurs are brewing up their own batches of fun and unique nail polishes.
Sometimes shopping for these gems can be a hair stressful, some have become so popular that their shops are regularly stalked for updates, and can sell out in minutes!
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a bottle of Jawbreaker from Pretty & Polished. There is so much going on in this beautiful polish. Suspended in a milky-white base is purple, red, blue, and gold glitter of varying shapes and sizes. There is even a touch of small green bar glitter, all meant to replicate the colorful, speckled look of the polish's namesake- Jawbreaker candies.


This polish is so unique, I have nothing remotely like it in my considerable stash. I have attempted a similar, milky glitter look before by sandwiching Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday between two coats of Essie Marshmallow. However, that ends up looking a lot like Funfetti cake (still cute!) but this polish really looks just like if you could melt a Jawbreaker into a nail polish bottle!

I used four coats in the picture, but could have easily gotten away with three and maybe even two. The glitter does lie flat, but I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite to smooth everything out nicely. One bonus about this polish is how fast it dried! Applying four coats wasn't a problem because each coat dries lickety-split.

If you haven't checked out the independent polish movement on Etsy, hop to it! You can start by searching for handmade nail polish or "frankens", as they are often called.

Pretty & Polished nail polishes can be purchased on their Etsy Shop.
Thank you so much for reading!
All the best,
Jessica

Disclosure: I purchased this polish myself for review :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment