Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 26 October 2012

Info Post
Welcome Back! I've got another special project for you today that I created for my boy's bedroom.


The inspiration for my kiddo's room came from some beautiful vintage airplanes we saw at a little airport right down the road from our house. 


For some interesting wall art, I decided to make signs with words that describe what it means to be a hero: valiant, courageous, fearless, and heroic. These words are fitting for the World War II pilots that flew those amazing vintage airplanes, as well as the Super Heros my boys love so much. (Can you guess what they're going to be for Halloween?)

I started the signs with some scrap wood that I cut into four equal pieces measuring 11 1/2" by 6". I painted them with some white DIY Chalk Paint I made using I Heart Naptime's Tutorial
You can see how I store and organize my leftover paint HERE.


Once the chalk paint was dry, I printed the words I wanted to use from my computer and placed them, centered, on my signs. 


I traced the outline of my words with a ball point pen,


which gave me a perfect outline of the letters when I lifted up the paper. I mixed some red paint with a smidge of black to get a beautiful deep red color, and painted the inside of the letters.

I gave each of the signs a coat of wax and nailed a sawtooth picture hanger onto the backs of the signs. 




I love that my boys wake up each morning to look at these words on their wall. What better a way to start your day than aspiring to be a hero! 

Other projects from my boy's bedroom:
DIY Ruler Growth Chart with Vinegar Stain
Paper Airplane Mobile
Alarm Clock Makeover
Boy's Bedroom Curtains & DIY Curtain Rods on the Cheap!

Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment