Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 12 October 2012

Info Post
Notice anything different? I've done a little sprucing up around here with a new blog design and some brand spankin' new buttons! I hope you like it : )

When it comes to organization in my house, practicality and function tend to win over pretty.


As much as I would love to have in my bathroom a beautiful display of monogrammed decorative towels daintily folded over a towel bar, I know that within 24 hours my family would have them unfolded, soaking wet, covered in dirt and snot, and probably wadded up in a pile on the floor. Boys... they just don't understand!

So until I convince my husband to build me a master suite for GIRLS ONLY, I had to come up with a new solution for our towels. I had visions in my head of a DIY shelf, but while perusing Goodwill one day I found this beauty for 4 bucks!


It was white, had beautiful details, and already had the hooks on it that I wanted. So I snagged it up and hung it in its new home next to our shower.


I went with hanging our towels on hooks for a few reasons: 

1) They don't look so formal and fussy. If my kids dry their wet hands on the towels, they still look like they're supposed to. When I had a towel bar, anytime the kids (ok let's be honest, or my husband too) wiped their hands, the towels got unfolded, wadded up in a ball, and stuffed on top of the towel bar. It was a never-ending fight that just wasn't worth it.
2) If you have pretty towels nicely folded on your towel bar, there's no where to put your towel when you take a shower! This bugged my husband the most. Hanging your towels on hooks solves that problem. Depending on how many hooks you have, you can still hang a few decorative towels and have space for shower towels too!
3) My husband was going to kill me if I told him one more time, "Those towels aren't ones we USE, they're just pretty towels!" What's the point of having towels in the bathroom if you aren't going to use them? PRACTICAL and FUNCTIONAL people. It only takes 2 seconds to change out these towels everyday, without having to daintily fold towels on a bar. 

Ok I'm off my soapbox. Are you still with me? Good, that's why I love you : )
So now that I've got my towel quandary solved, I added some pretty items on top of my shelf because I am still a girl, and I've got to get my pretty in somewhere!



So what do YOU think? Do you hang your towels on a bar, from hooks, fold them on a shelf, roll them in a basket? I'd love to hear how other families use their towels! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment