Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 31 August 2012

Info Post
You've seen this idea everywhere because... well, it's genius. Take a cork board and use it to hang and organize your necklaces!


Here's how I created mine:

I first stopped at Goodwill and found this cork board for $2.99. You can buy them new from the store for a fairly decent price, especially if you use a coupon, but I almost always see cork boards at Goodwill in the picture frame section. I'm just cheap thrifty like that!


I gave her a beautiful coat of navy blue spray paint around the trim and brought her inside for some fabric.


I had extra fabric leftover from some pillows I recovered for our bed (you can see them behind my Felt Flower Pillow HERE and find my Envelope Pillow Cover Tutorial HERE) so I cut the fabric to the size of the cork board with about a half inch extra on each side. I folded the extra fabric over and ironed it down to create a nice, finished edge.


Instead of glueing the fabric to the board, I picked up some decorative nail heads (I found them at Joann's) and pinned the fabric around the edges of the board, starting with the four corners first.


I nailed a sawtooth picture hanger thingy on the back with my trusty pink hammer.

SIDE NOTE:
If I have one piece of advice for every wife out there, it's this:
Buy a set of PINK tools and keep them inside the house. You'll never have to go search through your husband's messy garage to find a tool you know you own 6 of, but can't find a single one. Your husband will never steal a pink hammer.
It's just one of those things that keeps peace in a marriage. And you'll thank me for this advice when your husband has to come ask for YOUR pink hammer because he can't find HIS anywhere.

You're welcome : )


Now all that's left is to find the perfect spot for your new necklace organizer. I put mine in our closet above a tall dresser. 


Now fill her up with all your pretties! I used clear push pins to hang them all for a cohesive look. 




I find myself wearing SO much more jewelry because it's displayed out where I can see it now, not shoved in a jewelry box. Organizing the necklaces by color and size helps you easily coordinate your outfits. And you could really use this for bracelets and earrings too, but I have another plan for those saved for another day : )

So how do you store your necklaces? 
And what do you think about the minty green, navy blue, and white color palette I'm using for our bedroom? I'm loving it!



Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest | Party with Me
LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment