Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 14 August 2012

Info Post
Call me old-fashioned, but I think there is nothing more special or meaningful than sending a handmade card to someone. I love making cards in my spare time, not only because it's a good creative outlet for me, but because it's so convenient to have cards ready to send when you need them.

Card Box Edit 10

How many times have you had a friend move into a new home, a family member sick in the hospital, or want to say thank you for a kind gesture, but didn't have any cards on hand to send, and no time to go to the store to buy one? Not to mention how costly cards can be! This past Father's Day I spent nearly $30 for 5 cards!

Card Box Edit 9

But once I started making cards I had to find a place to store them all until I needed them. They were starting to get lost in various places around the office, which defeated the purpose of having a stash of cards readily available. Some organization was definitely needed.

I picked up a photo box from Michael's (on sale of course!) for just a few bucks, and it fit my cards perfectly inside!

Card Box Edit 1

(No, I did not make all of the cards in this box. I wish I had that much free time! We inherited a TON of greeting cards when a business closed last year.)

Card Box Edit 3

First I sorted all the cards by occasion and stacked them in the box: Birthday, Wedding/Anniversary, Holiday, Sympathy, Thank You, Get Well, Thinking of You, Invitations, and Miscellaneous. I separated the cards with pieces of white card stock I cut just taller than the cards and added a label to each one.

Card Box Edit 2

When I create a card, I make sure to wrap the envelope around it so I'm not searching for the correct size envelope when I need it.

And here's a card making tip for you:
You can make a card using just about ANYTHING! Always keep your eyes open for interesting things to add to cards. I made these cards from wedding favors we got at my cousin's wedding a couple weeks ago. They had wrapped adorable little mason jars with burlap and ribbon and filled them with candies. They were too cute to toss, but I had no place in my house to put bright pink and orange mason jars, so I took the wraps off the jars and turned them into cards!

Card Box Edit 7

All I did was add a complimentary strip of scrapbook paper behind it and a simple stitch around the edge.

Card Box Edit 6

How do you like to dress up your cards?



Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest | Party with Me
LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment