Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 November 2012

Info Post
Hosting your family holiday can be so hectic and stressful, but you don't have to spend a fortune and hours of your precious time to make things festive and special for your loved ones.  Use these 5 easy tips to help you create 
The Perfect Holiday Table Setting


#1 Choose your theme and colors
I went with a woodsy theme with dark browns, forest greens, and bright pops of white. 


#2 Select your base
I started the table off with a brown table cloth I purchased earlier this year for my son's birthday party. Choose table linens that will go with a variety of colors and can easily transition from season to season.


#3 Pick your plates
At each place setting I used my everyday, white plates from Target. I think white plates make your food stand out and look beautiful, and they go with everything! The square shape gives them a great modern flair. 


#4 Mix and Match
The key to setting the perfect table is using a variety of pieces, some high-quality pieces you'll use forever with some inexpensive thrift store finds that can be easily replaced next year. I splurged on square rattan chargers (you can find similar ones here), but purchased these gorgeous water goblets from The Dollar Tree for $1 each! 

I try to pick up one new quality piece each year to add to my collection, focusing on unique pieces that I can use year after year. I'm crushing on a gorgeous table runner from Banarsi Designs for next year!


#5 Accessorize
I try hard to decorate with items I already have. I used old book pages to create a table runner and branches collected from my yard as my centerpiece. 


To bring in more color and texture, I snipped some branches off our Christmas tree we have growing in the yard, and laid them across the table. They smell divine!


I hope these tips will help you create the perfect setting for you and your family to gather around for the holidays. Just remember these 5 easy steps:

#1 Choose your theme & colors
#2 Select your base
#3 Pick your plates
#4 Mix and Match
#5 Accesorize



Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment