Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 26 November 2012

Info Post

Hi there!  I'm Valerie, and my sister Laura and I blog over at Occasionally Crafty.  We are moms who love music, love to read, and love to craft when we can.  You'll find a little bit of everything on our blog, from home decor and seasonal crafts, to things for our families and even recipes.



I found Liz's blog through Online BlogCon, and I was an instant fan.  I'm so happy to be here as part of her Christmas series this year!

One of my favorite things to display in my home is word art.  I have a Silhouette, and I put it to good use making all sorts of vinyl art for my home.

This Christmas season, why not display a plate with a custom vinyl saying on it?  There are many out there, I know.  However, I designed an image just for you.

Before I show it to you, I want to tell you about my inspiration.  I LOVE Christmas.  As much fun as shopping for and wrapping great presents is, I always try to keep myself and my family grounded, and remember why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.  I saw an ornament with the sentiment "Keep Christ in Christmas", and I knew it would be a wonderful thing to display in my home this Christmas.

So, if you want to keep a touch of the holy in with the ho-ho-ho, here's a little something just for you.



If you have a Silhouette, you can download this file here and open it in your Studio software.  You can work with it directly in your new document, or you can click on File, then "Save to Library" so you can keep it as a shape in your library instead of just a document.

I sized my shape to fit my plate, then cut it out with my Cameo.

Weed the extra vinyl as necessary, apply transfer tape (I use clear contact paper to save money!), and apply the vinyl to your plate.


Remove the transfer tape, and you've got a gorgeous plate to display in your home or give as a gift.



If you have any problems downloading the file, let me know and I'll help you out.

Thanks again for having me!  I'd love to see you over at our blog.  We're also social- you can find us here:

Merry Christmas to all!
Photobucket

I just love a good Silhouette project : ) And what a beautiful way to display such a wonderful sentiment! Thank you so much, Valerie, for your holiday inspiration!
Don't forget, you can still get some AWESOME Black Friday deals from Silhouette using code LOVEGROWS -  Click HERE to view the details!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for more 12 Crafty Days of Christmas


Looking for more Christmas inspiration?

Image Map
Image Map

1 comments:

  1. I’m most certainly not a whole lot of of the net potential audience frankly your details sites undoubtedly fantastic, thank you! We are going to do not delay - keep your internet site an extra shot in the future. Cheers. To learn more: click here

    ReplyDelete