Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 25 November 2012

Info Post
It's Day 3 of the
12 Crafty Days of Christmas!


Today's crafty inspiration came from The Crafted Sparrow. I saw Rebecca's Felt Pine Trees featured on lots of link parties, and I thought they'd be the perfect addition to my Christmas decor!


Supplies - to make 3 trees
6 sheets of felt
3 - 1 1/2" wooden discs
3 - 7/16" dowel rods
3 - wooden candlesticks 3" tall with 1/2" hole
3 - paper mache cones or poster board
hot glue gun and hot glue


I looked and looked for paper mache cones, but couldn't find them anywhere in stores. Knowing I could make the cones myself, I decided to save a few bucks and use up some poster board I had sitting at home. I used this template as a reference and cut the cone shapes from my poster board. I rolled the board into cones and glued the edges in place. The cones may not look perfect, but they're going to be covered up with felt anyway! It was such an easy way to save some money!


Next I cut 1 1/2" wide strips from felt and cut the strips into triangles. You'll need about 2 sheets per cone. I hot glued the felt triangles onto the cones, starting at the bottom and overlapping slightly. 



 If you want to paint or stain your wooden candlestick and dowel rod, do it now. I decided I wanted to stain them after I had already glued everything together! You can also trim your rods down into different lengths to vary your tree height. 


Once the cones were covered with felt and the stain was dry, I attached a dowel rod to a wood disc with hot glue.


Then I glued around the outside of the disc and stuck it up the inside of the cone until it was snug against the edges. 


I glued the other end of the dowel rod into the candlestick holder. 


And to finish the trees, I tied a bow around the base of the dowel rod with twine and attached two silver beads to the ends. 


I love how my Felt Pine Trees turned out!



Stay tuned for more 12 Crafty Days of Christmas tomorrow!


Looking for more Christmas crafts?

Click HERE to get a Black Friday discount code from Silhouette! 


Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment