Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 10 September 2012

Info Post
I LOVE candles.
I love changing the scents in my home with each new season, and I especially love the warm ambiance candles bring to a space.
But I DO NOT love when this happens...



The wick burns all the way down the center of the candle leaving the majority of the wax left in the candle unable to be used! What a waste of money! 

I cannot tell you how many candles like this I have thrown away, assuming they were a lost cause. But today I'll show you how to make a beautiful new layered wax candle using all those old candles!

Start by placing a candle in the center of a large saucepan with a few inches of water. Heat the pan over medium heat until all the candle wax is completely melted. 

{TIP} Choose the largest candle jar to start with. You'll want plenty of space since this will be the jar you add the rest of the wax layers to. 


Once all the wax is melted, carefully remove the jar from the pan and place it on a flat, heat safe surface. Wrap a new candle wick around a wooden skewer, leaving enough length to reach the bottom of the jar. (I found my wicks at Hobby Lobby)


While you wait for your first layer to cool completely, start melting another candle in the pan. 

{TIP} Choose candles with similar scents and complimentary colors to create the best candle.


Continue melting, pouring, and cooling layers of wax until your jar is full. 


Cut the wick about 1 inch above your last wax layer, and now you have a beautiful new candle!




What are your favorite scents for fall?



Subscribe to Blog | Follow on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest | Party with Me
LoveAlwaysSignature-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment