Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 2 November 2012

Info Post
Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is on its way, and then Christmas will be just around the corner!!! I'm so excited to decorate our new home for Christmas!

Our holiday decorations seem to grow and grow every year, and are starting to overtake too many closets in my house. I decided it was time to purge some of it. 
At the top of my list: Plastic Easter Eggs
How have we managed to collect SO many over the years? You'd think I'm running an Easter Egg factory! I rounded up a good bag full and donated them, but kept back a few to up-cycle into...


I loved the Sheet Music Card I made for my husband so much, I decided to use sheet music on my Easter eggs too!

Here's how I made them:


1) First I gathered together a bunch of plastic Easter eggs.
2) Then I tore sheet music into thin strips. Perfection is not necessary; you want that hand-made look!
3) I wrapped tape around the seam of the closed eggs so they wouldn't pop open.
4) Then I used a paint brush to spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on one side of a paper strip and wrapped the paper around the egg. It took me several strips to fully cover the egg. 

Now those cheesy plastic eggs have a sophisticated side!


I've used these eggs ALL over my house! The simple black and white sheet music makes them perfect neutral decor, so they are easy to move around and coordinate in any room of your home! 


Throw them in a big bowl, stack them in a tall vase, or leave just one on top of a pile of books. Any way you use them, you will love them! 

And with Christmas right around the corner, these eggs will work beautifully with your holiday decor! Did I mention I'm excited for Christmas?

Now go look in your closet... How many Easter Eggs are you hoarding?

Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment